Use this guide as you meet to study the Bible
To begin the study, each person answers these questions:
- What are you thankful for?
- What is causing you stress?
- Who needs our help? How can this group help them?
2. Look Back (session 2+)
- Retell story from the previous meeting.
- What did you do differently because of this story?
- Who did you tell and what was the reaction?
3. Read & Re-tell
- One person reads the Bible passage out loud, and the rest follow along.
- Someone else retells the passage by memory, if possible. Others can fill in what is missing.
- Read the passage again.
- Discuss what this passage says about God, Jesus or his plan.
5. Look again
- Read the passage once more
- Discuss what this passage says about humans.
6. Inside me
- According to this study, what am I doing well?
- What do I need to change?
7. Who else?
- Who needs to hear this story?
- How can I tell them?
- Who can I invite to study the Bible?
Suggested Bible passages
- God Creates – Genesis 1:1-25
- God Creates Man and Woman – Genesis 2:4-24
- Man and Woman Eat the Fruit – Genesis 3:1-13
- God’s Curses – Genesis 3:14-24
- God Regrets His Creation – Genesis 6:5-8
- God Saves Noah and His Family – Genesis 6:9-22, 7:1-24, 8:1-14
- God’s Covenant with Noah – Genesis 8:15-22, 9:1-17
- God’s Covenant with Abram – Genesis 12:1-8, 15:1-6, 17:1-7
- Abraham Gives His Son as an Offering – Genesis 22:1-19
- God Spares His People – Exodus 12:1-28
- The Commands of God – Exodus 20:1-21
- The Sin Offering – Leviticus 4:1-35
- God’s Righteous Servant – Isaiah 53
- Jesus is Born – Luke 1:26-38, 2:1-20
- Jesus is Baptized – Matthew 3; John 1:29-34
- Jesus is Tested – Matthew 4:1-11
- Jesus and the Religious Leader – John 3:1-21
- Jesus and the Samaritan Woman – John 4:1-26, 4:39-42
- Jesus and the Paralyzed Man – Luke 5:17-26
- Jesus Calms the Storm – Mark 4:35-41
- Jesus and the Man with Evil Spirits – Mark 5:1-20
- Jesus Raises a Man from the Dead – John 11:1-44
- Jesus Talks about His Betrayal and the Covenant – Matthew 26:17-30
- Jesus is Betrayed and Faces Trial – John 18:1-40, 19:1-16
- Jesus is Crucified – Luke 23:32-56
- Jesus is Resurrected – Luke 24:1-35
- Jesus Appears to the Disciples and Ascends to Heaven – Luke 24:36-53
- Enter into the Kingdom God – John 3:1-21